01482 910 910
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the meanings hereby assigned to them:
Accessories: The spare wheel, tools, roof rack and other items with which the vehicle is supplied and any replacements thereof.
Current Tariff: The Lessor’s tariff current at the commencement of hire.
Driver: The Hirer and/or other person named or any other person previously approved by the Lessor to drive the vehicle.
Excess Amount: The first £5000 of any claim (£25,000 for Hire & Reward & business use) unless the CDW is taken which reduces it to £1000. £10,000 excess will apply for driving licenses issued out of the UK and EU. 100% liability of any claim is deemed payable if the damage is caused by driver negligence. (CDW is not available for Hire & Reward or business use).
Excess: The excess amount of £5000 is for damaged caused to the hired vehicle and any other vehicle, object or person involved. This is a maximum that can be charged without the damaged waiver taken. All damages including 3rd party incidents must be paid in full to SLT Hire Ltd.
Hirer: The person named or company i.e Ltd/Sole Trader/Partnership
Insurance Fees: Fees which entitle the Hirer to the benefits of the cover set out in the master policies issued to the Lessor.
Lessor, Us or We means SLT Hire Ltd , company number 10580426.
Rental Charges: The hire charges of the rental period calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff.
Rental Period: The period from the date and time stated on the rental document until the re-delivery of the vehicle into the physical custody of the Lessor.
Deposits are non refundable if the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of collection, and must be made with a debit or credit card. £100 for commercial vehicles, £350 for cars & minibuses.
Insurance policy only covers S&DP, and business use, additional costs will apply for Hire & Reward.
Driving restrictions: Excluding drivers Under 21* and Over 75 and who have held a full driving licence for less than 12 months, and are not considered to be an Excluded Driver.
Price from: Based on a minimum 2 week hire which is displayed on the website. Standard daily prices apply as normal. Please complete dates on booking system for total cost.
Internet bookings only accepted up 7 days, there after quotes and bookings must be obtained via the office.
Smoking is prohibited: in all vehicles and any evidence found will result in a minimum valet charge of £75
Hire Entitlement: vehicles can be hired to any persons holding a UK or EU driving license, North America, South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. If you do not hold one of these are driving licences you are unable to hire.
Travel Entitlement: At an extra charge above the standard rate, any of our vehicles may be driven in any EU country. Terms & conditions apply.
European Travel Cost: Our European travel cost includes, full breakdown, full comprehensive insurance, European cover, and a European travel pack (Subject to availability)
AXA insurance provide the basic foreign use cover at and additional cost. The cover extends to include the compulsory motor insurance requirements of:
a) any member country of the European Union.
b) any other country outside of the European Union which as agreed to follow European directives and is approved by the commission of the European Union. And or named above within hire entitlement.
Hire Driver Endorsement
Not withstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that this
insurance covers the insured vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject to the following conditions:
1) The Insured shall verify the identity and permanent address of the Hirer and any other permitted
driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the Hirer’s and driver’s
driving licence or and that such person is not amongst the excluded persons enumerated below.
2) One form of ID shall be obtained i.e. Utility Bill (no more than 60 days old) and Driving Licence.
3) In addition to the Stated Policy Driving Warranty (Refer to Policy Schedule), the Insured Vehicle shall
not be let out on hire to or be driven by:
4) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
5) Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
6) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
7) Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
8) Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
9) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than 3 fault accidents during the past 3 years.
10) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for 1 year or more.
11) Persons with 6 or more endorsement points on their license (Within DVLA expiry date)
12) The Insured vehicles shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a Hire Drive Proposal (by each hirer or other permitted driver). Such proposal shall be forwarded on request to the Insurers. The proposal must be completed by the Hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the in the proposal, the following declaration shall appear on the proposal, namely:
“I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read”.
If the statements and particulars in the proposal are in the handwriting of any person other than the Hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the Hirer’s or other permitted driver’s agent for the purpose of completing the proposal form.
13) Any additional person or persons that will be in the motor vehicle other than the driver must be identified before traveling in the vehicle. The person or persons names, address’s and age must be supplied before or they will not be insured to make any claim against the the rental companies insurance, or the authorised hirer of the vehicle.
14) The Insured shall be considered as being the agent for the Hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the Insured be considered as agent for the Insurers.
15 Ltd companies/Sole Traders/Partnerships are deemed responsible for all employed and self employed drivers. Therefore the company named holds full responsibility whilst contracted or on hire.
16) The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
The following persons are excluded from being Insured Drivers:
I/We also declare that:
a. The vehicles will NOT be driven by any person who to my/our knowledge
b. Suffers from any loss or loss of use of limb, eye, defective hearing or vision (not corrected by spectacles or hearing aid), a heart/diabetic/epileptic
condition or from any other infirmity that should be disclosed to DVLA/DVLNI.
c. Has during the past 5 years been convicted of any of the following offences: manslaughter, causing death by dangerous or reckless driving, dangerous driving, driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs, failing to stop after and/or report an accident to Police or any combination of offences that have resulted in suspension or disqualification from driving, unless such person(s) have been declared to Underwriters and has been granted permission to drive under this policy by Underwriters.
d. Has not held a full UK licence for at least 12 months unless such person(s) have been declared to Underwriters and has been granted permission to drive under this policy by Underwriters.
e. Has during the last 3 years made 2 or more claims where the cost of each claim has not been recovered from any other party, unless such person(s)have been declared to Underwriters and has been granted permission to drive under this policy by Underwriters.
f. Drivers who have been banned from driving for a period of 12 months or less, must have had their license back 12 months exactly from the date of conviction.
g. Drivers who have been banned from driving for a period of 12 months or more, must have had their license back 36 months exactly from the date of conviction.
1. The Insurance Policy: The Lessor’s policy of insurance on the vehicle a copy of which is available for inspection at the main office of the Lessor.
a) should the person signing this Agreement not be the Hirer, he or she warrants that they are authorised to sign for the Hirer and by doing so is jointly and severally liable with the Hirer under this Agreement.
b) the Hirer, his servant, driver or agent, will not pose as a servant or agent of the Lessor.
c) the Hirer or driver should be aware of the age stipulations under which this Agreement is made.
d) the period of rental covered by this contract should not exceed three months (90 days), or agreed otherwise.
e) the Lessor is not liable in any circumstances for loss or damage to property carried on or in the vehicle, or for any property left in the vehicle on return. The Hirer will indemnify the Lessor against such claims.
f) without written consent from the Lessor, the Hirer may not remove the vehicle from the British Mainland or any British Isle from which hire began, and may not take the vehicle from Ulster to Southern Ireland.
g) without written consent the Lessor’s vehicle may not be used to propel or tow any other vehicles or trailer.
h) the Hirer will not use the vehicle in a manner that would render void the insurance policy under which the vehicle is operating or in contravention of any Road Traffic Act or Construction and Use Regulations, or by any person who is not of stipulated age and licensed to drive, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor in the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure or damage where further damage might thereby be caused.
i) in the event of the Hirer not returning the vehicle at the end of the rental period, this is deemed as a breach of this Agreement and damages would be payable at least equivalent to the rental charges for the period until the return or recovery of the vehicle.
j) in the event of the hirer returning the vehicle damaged, the lessor may charge the full daily rate until the work is authorised. (Invoice paid upon completion before release, or at lessors discretion.) Daily hire starts again 48 hours of non collection of the vehicle.
k) the hirer adheres to the insurance companies terms and conditions.
l) the Hirer is not authorised to effect any necessary repairs to the vehicle above the value of £15.00 without the Lessors prior consent. Save to the extent that there may be an Excess on the Lessor’s insurance that the Hirer is obliged to pay, the Lessor will refund to the Hirer the cost of necessary repairs not exceeding £15.00 (or more if the Lessor’s consent gained) on production of a bona fide V.A.T. receipt and replaced parts.
m) if the Hirer commits any breach of this Agreement the Lessor may treat the Agreement as terminated and take possession of the vehicle (or more if the Lessor’s prior written consent has been obtained).
The Hirer Warrants:
a) to operate the vehicle such that the correct levels are maintained for engine oil, battery fluid, coolant, screen wash, and automatic transmission fluid (where applicable) and to check tyre inflation pressures throughout the period of hire. The vehicle hirer is also responsible for all glass damage, tyre damage including punctures & blowouts.
b) to ensure the vehicle is secure when unattended taking all reasonable precautions to prevent loss or damage to the vehicle itself, it’s tyres, tools, accessories equipment or contents.
c) in the event of any damage, loss or fault development to inform the Lessor immediately and to permit The Lessor to carry out essential repairs. servicing or maintenance.
d) in the event of an accident the Hirer and/or Driver shall:-
- Not admit liability or guilt.
- Make every endeavour to obtain names and addresses of parties involved and of independent Witnesses.
- Notify the police immediately If another party’s guilt has been ascertained or if people or animals are injured.
- Not abandon the vehicle without adequate provisions for safe guarding and securing the same.
- Notify the Hirer immediately by telephone and in writing as soon as reasonably practical of the accident and agree to provide full details of the circumstances of the accident when reasonably required to do so by the Lessor and/or their insurers or agents
- Before the start of hire the named and authorised driver must acknowledge in writing how many passengers he will be carrying during the rental. If the information is not supplied then no liability is accepted for any personal injury to carrying passengers.
e) to return the vehicle together with it’s accessories, tyres, tools and equipment to the Lessor at the place of the origin of hire (unless otherwise agreed overleaf) at or before the end of the rental period or on the earlier termination of this Agreement in the condition prevailing at the commencement of the rental (fair wear and tear accepted) clean and tidy (traffic grime accepted).
f) even though it may be the Lessor’s insurance, the Hirer shall be liable to pay the cost of repair or replacement for any damage suffered by the vehicle as a result of willful action of the Hire servant or agent.
g) to pay on the Lessor’s current tariff for rental and fuel to pay for any accessories, tyres, tools or equipment lost, stolen or damaged to pay the Lessor’s costs of recovering the vehicle in the event that the Hirer fails to return it to the Lessor, to pay any penalties, fines or legal costs incurred in the use of the vehicle before it is returned to the Lessor and which the Lessor is obliged to pay (save when caused by the fault of the Lessor) and to pay V.A.T. where appropriate at the current rate.
h) Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency, Sinclair Goldberg Price Ltd. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
i) With reference to all private hire drivers. By signing this document you agree to all terms and conditions and accept that all debt must be paid before retuning or off hiring your vehicle.
The Hirer shall be liable as owner of the vehicle in respect of:
a) any fixed penalty committed in respect of that vehicle under Part 111 of The Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 as amended by the Parking Act 1989, and any subsequent legislation or orders and any such offences committed under the equivalent legislation applicable to Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
b) any excess charges which may be incurred in respect of the vehicle in pursuance of an order under Sections 45 and 46 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1988 and any subsequent legislation or orders and any such offences committed under the equivalent legislation applicable to Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
c) PCN’s on certain hire vehicles will be paid automatically by the 3rd party lease company. This is then charged on to Foxy, and then onto the hirer. These are not subject to any challenge and must be paid automatically back to ourselves including any admin charges.
d) as a result of the vehicle having been parked or left upon land which is not a public road, any charge or financial penalty which might be demanded by any corporation authority or person, and business.
e) any provisions that may be replaced or amended in respect of the above Acts, Regulations or penalties, including the equivalent legislation applicable to Scotland.
f) All penalty charges will be subject to a £25.00 + vat admin charge were applicable.
g) Non refueled vehicles returned will be refueled at a pump price of £2.50 per litre.
Guarantee and Indemnity
“Company”: SLT Hire Ltd , Yard 4, Courtney Street, Hull, HU8 7QF
“Customer”: The “Hirer” as signed for on the rental agreement
“Indemnifier”: The “Hirer” as signed for on the rental agreement
(Where more than one Indemnifier the obligations are joint and several)
“Agreement”: All of the products and services provided present and future between the Company and the Customer as described in the Terms Of Service.
The Indemnifier undertakes and agrees with the Company as follows:
- The Indemnifier guarantees to the Company on demand the payment by the Customer of all sums due and payable by the Customer under the Agreement and the due performance of all the Customer’s obligations under it.
- The Indemnifier shall indemnify the Company on demand against all losses, costs, claims, damages and expenses incurred by the Company by reason of any breach of the Agreement by the Customer.
- The Indemnifier’s liability under this guarantee and indemnity shall not be impaired or discharged by reason of any time or other indulgence granted by the Company to the Customer, or by reason of any arrangement entered into or composition agreed by the Company modifying (by operation of law or otherwise) the rights and remedies of the Company, or of any omission on the part of the Company to enforce any of its rights against the Customer.
- This guarantee and indemnity shall be in addition to any other guarantee, indemnity or other security for the Customer which the Company may hold now or later.
- The Indemnifier acknowledges that when this guarantee and indemnity was presented or sent for the purpose of being signed by him/her there was also presented or sent a copy (or copies if more than one of the Indemnifier) of this guarantee and indemnity and of the Agreement and any document referred to in it and that he/she is aware of the wisdom of seeking independent legal advice before entering into this guarantee and indemnity.
- Agreement Signed and delivered as a deed by the IndemnifierIf the Customer “Hirer” fails to keep to his agreement with the Company “SLT Hire Ltd” , YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY INSTEAD and fulfil any other obligations under the guarantee and indemnity. SIGN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT only if you want to be legally bound by its terms.
The Lessor Warrants
a) to provide the Hirer with a vehicle where ail reasonable steps have been taken to ensure its roadworthiness and ensure it is well maintained.
b) when informed of a breakdown by the Hirer to see that the necessary repairs are carried out promptly.
c) if prompt repair is not possible, to provide a substitute vehicle or allow the Hirer to terminate the hire.
d) the Lessor shall not be liable to the Hirer or any driver or any third party for any loss howsoever caused.
a) this Agreement is subject to and deemed to include the terms, conditions and limitations of the Lessor’s insurance policy.
b) under this Agreement the vehicle hired may only be driven by the person signing the Agreement and those additional authorised drivers who have completed an Insurance Proposal Form or have been accepted by the Lessor.
c) the Hirer agrees to pay insurance charges on the Lessors current tariff and agreed to pay the cost of any collision damage or repair up to the amount of the Excess.
d) in the event that the vehicle suffers any damage as a result of the willful action of the Hirer or any servant or agent of the Hirer, even though It may be covered by the Lessor’s insurance, the Hirer shall be liable to pay the cost of repair.
e) in the event of roadside recovery, specialist equipment may be needed and thus not covered as standard so the Hirer shall be liable to pay the cost.
f) in the result of any RTA, miscellaneous, theft or damage causing the vehicle to be off the road. The hirer is responsible for all costs until liability has been confirmed and authority is given to repair the vehicle.
Using Hirer’s Insurance
a) the Hirer undertakes to Insure the vehicle, equipment and accessories In its full value against loss or damage (including windscreen damage) by accident, fire. or theft under a comprehensive policy by an insurer approved by the Lessor. At The Lessors request the Hirer must provide full details of the policy before hire commences and shall instruct his insurers that the Lessors name be endorsed on the policy.
b) the Hirer shall not use or permit the vehicle to be used in contravention of the terms and conditions of the Hirer’s policy.
c) the Hirer shall provide that any compensation due with regard to the Hirer’s policy is paid directly to the Lessor. The Hirer will also be liable to compensate the Lessor. The Hirer will also be liable to compensate the Lessor for ALL loss or damage incurred by the Lessor in addition to the monies (if any) paid to the Lessor by the Hirer’s insurers.
d) using any vehicle for business use carries an excess of £25,000.
Agreement Time Limitation
a) the total rental period for this Agreement to operate may not exceed 90 days, unless agreed otherwise.
b) Hirers on own insurance cover are responsible for hire fees of damaged vehicle during repair.
c) Lessor is not responsible for any property left in the vehicle.
d) Lessor is not liable for any damage or loss whatsoever caused by breakdown or other defects in the vehicle.
e) Lessor may retain deposit provided overleaf to cover any amount due or which might become due hereunder.
f) the vehicle will not be used in such a manner that it is overloaded (whether in total or in respect of any axle or other part) or is carrying more passengers or goods that it was designed to carry or may lawfully carry.
g) no vehicle to be returned out of hours unless authorised, this vehicle is still the hirers responsibility until checked in.
h) The hirer leaves his or her personal vehicle at their own risk, Foxy Rentals do no take any responsibility.
i) personal belongings are not covered during the hire.
*T&C’s online may be subject to change, please ask for original copy if you are unsure.
*CDW is void if involved in criminal activity, dangerous driving, drink driving, or under the influence of drugs.